Most of us believe that being productive means working long hours that include working early in the morning, skipping breakfast, lunch and even your dinner at times.
However, as time passes by we come to the conclusion that we are not working productively even when we finish all of our tasks and projects on time.
In a sense, we struggle to keep up with the hectic pace of our work life. If this type of hectic schedule is continued over a period then there is a possibility of burning out within a few days.
A look into the link between Minimalism and Productivity
Minimalism is defined as the process of identifying what is essential in your life and eliminating the rest. The modern lifestyle is far from minimalist as adopting minimalism brings with it freedom from all time-consuming passion to possess.
Minimalism implies performing a task as simple a way as possible with an end goal is to make the work easier and more productive.
For instance, minimalism would involve devising a way to deal with your emails effectively or learning how to prioritize important work over tasks that can be abandoned.
There is a correlation between minimalism and productivity as simplifying tasks usually leads to significant time savings that would help us in achieving the desired productivity levels.
How minimalism could boost your work productivity – A summary
Minimalism and productivity are intrinsically linked and some of the ways to introduce a minimalistic approach to your work that would enhance your productivity include:
- Cutting on non-essential or unimportant tasks
- Identifying essential tasks
- Defeating distractions by focusing on important tasks
- Turning your tasks into daily habits, in other words, breaking down the complex tasks into small tasks that can be done for few hours every day and finish the tasks as per the set deadline.
- Taking regular breaks would help in being more productive. Research has shown that workers who take regular breaks are actually more productive than those who do not.
The above-mentioned five minimalistic tasks would help in boosting your productivity in addition to completing the assigned projects on time.